SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 14:37:25 -0500
I have a couple SuperMicro C2SBM-Q motherboards machines that have a DVD writer connected to the single IDE connector on the MB.  I don't see the device anywhere.  dmesg doesn't seem to detect the device on bootup and I dont see it in /sys/block.

The device works (sort of) because I could run anaconda installer using the disc1 iso image I wrote to a dvd.  The installation was actually done via http, not via the local cdrom which I now remember failed.

I could use some help trying to debug this. It's running the latest kernel from the 5x series.  2.6.18-194xxxx which was released just recently.

Ken