SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2010 09:21:23 -0500
Antonio Silvestri wrote:
> Again!!!
>
> I wonder if someone makes a test before pubblishing.
>
> I couldn't install SL 5.4 from DVD iso because of a bug never resolved
>
> Now with 5.5 the iso dvd does NOT BOOT.
>
> I have installed other distribution without problems.
>
> Please make a test ! Bye

Hello,
We *did* test the SL 5.4 DVD's
We *did* test the SLF 5.5 DVD's
That is part of our testing.

When you reported your problems with SL 5.4 you repeatedly stated that
you did *not* test the md5sum.  You also said that you sent me snapshots
of the problem, yet you did not attach anything.

Please check the md5sum of the iso after you have downloaded it.
Especially if you are burning this on a WindowsXP machine, because it
commonly does not download a full DVD.  That is a 'feature' of older
versions of windows.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group