SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

June 2010

Date:
Sun, 6 Jun 2010 12:29:17 +0000
kiran wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 11:55 AM, g <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>> shashi kiran wrote:
>>> hi friends.. i am new to Sci Linux. I read wikipedia and other web
>>> articles but not found about the availability of electrical engineering
>>> packages. Hence can anyone tell me about that.
>>
>> what type/kind of electrical engineering packages are you looking for?
>>
>> ria, i can direct you to electronic packages.
>>
>> possible for electrical engineering packages.
>
> software for 8051 and avr assembly programming (not avr-gcc which is
> c-prog) s/w for vhdl programming and for ckt simulation like multisim or
> orcad-spice

ok.

to me, this is electronic. electrical is ac electrical wiring, motors,
power generating stations, switching stations, etc.

you should have used google to find what you wanted. wikipedia is a
source of definition, not location of programs.

actually, i think you are 'skating'.

to list a few of what i have installed, or have bookmarked;

http://cdorg.fnal.gov/ese/prep/catalog/hardware_info/lecroy/camac/2366.html
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/extra/dag/redhat/el5/en/i386/rpmforge/RPMS/

http://beagleboard.org/
http://kegel.com/
http://www.tincantools.com/
http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/
http://www.armkits.com/
http://www.keil.com/
http://www.ehow.com/how_2109631_linux-gnu-toolchain-embedded-programming.html
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&as_q=arm9+%22libraries%22&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&num=100&lr=&as_filetype=&ft=i&as_sitesearch=&as_qdr=all&as_rights=&as_occt=any&cr=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&safe=images&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dlinux=
http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/
http://ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/linux/arm/fedora/rootfs/
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora-secondary/development/arm/os/Packages/
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM
http://focus.ti.com/dsp/docs/dspcontent.tsp?contentId=53403
http://developer.symbian.org/wiki/index.php/Category:Kernel_&_Hardware_Services
http://code.google.com/p/beagleboard/wiki/Trainings
http://www.kth.se/ict?l=en_UK
http://www.vlsitechnology.org/
http://hct.sourceforge.net/index.html
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/ngspice/
http://www.kth.se/ict?l=en_UK
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ktechlab/
http://www.cadsoft.de/
http://gpsim.sourceforge.net/
http://spice-mode.4t.com/
http://cvs.fedoraproject.org/viewvc/rpms/ngspice/

i could continue, but i think you 'get the picture'. above is probably
10% of what i have bookmarked. to add it all would be a waste because
you can find all of this on google.

any more questions?

+++ *note* +++
here after, if you would like further help;

tho it is not a policy of sl @ fnal.gov, please reply in plain text.
html is a was of bandwidth and my hard drive storage space. plus,
doing so will delay your seeing a reply from me.

i filter html emails and do not look at folder often. only reason i
caught your email as quick as i did, is i was reading a thread and
noted a reply that had been trimmed. trimmed email was not in thread
i was reading, therefore i knew it was html. looking for it, i noted
you email.

please trim out 'dead wood', ie, what is not related to what you are
replying to. including above links, if you reply about them, unless
you have question about a specific link.

please reply 'inline'. please do not just 'top post' or 'bottom post'.
'inline' adds continuity, is much easier to read.

i know i did not 'trim dead wood', but i did move your reply so that
you would see what i mean by continuity.

*do not spam me*, ie, reply to me on thru this list. i do not need
personal email about same thing i am seeing thru tsl.

sharing thru this tsl allows others to find information such as this.

thank you.
+++ *note* +++

--

peace out.