SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2010

From:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
R P Herrold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 2010 16:14:58 -0400
On Wed, 9 Jun 2010, Oleg Sadov wrote:

> My opinion -- the field of collaboration may be building
> environments, especially with a deeper using Fedora build
> technologies (Koji, Bodhi).

> May be someone from CentOS people can say something about
> it? As I understand, some of them is here -- what do you
> think about collaboration with another
> Upstream-Vendor-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named-based distribution
> builders? Is it interesting for you?

While CentOS people are here, these are SL's mailing lists.
I would not want to be seen as 'poaching'.  I have asked and
would answer about anything Troy or Connie asked without
hesitation as to technical matter.

Indeed, early on there was the mailing list: rhel-rebuild list
<[log in to unmask]> which acted as an intercom as
rebuild efforts sprang up

I set up new build automated solver and testers for specific
tasks all the time.  I publish my scripts, and occasionally
talk about it, but in the main it is just mechanical.

I favor diversity of approaches, and so slavish documenting
how to replicate in yet another forum how to use a Fedora
technology, seems a waste of time.  Why not do so in thst
tool's native venue?

-- Russ herrold