SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2010

From:
Chris Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Hunter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jun 2010 12:17:23 -0400
What happen to working with CentOS ? I thought there was duplicated
efforts between SL & CentOS. Are there advantages to:
- co-ordinated release of TUV patches, security updates, etc.
- co-ordinate distro releases
- common fastbugs, testing, devel & contrib areas
- common bugzilla platform

How much redundancy is there between CentOS-extras & SL ? What are the
major differences between CentOS & SL ?

Regards,
Chris Hunter
Yale University