SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

June 2010

From:
"Kinzel, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kinzel, David
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2010 13:19:57 -0600
>> *JAVA
>> I propose we don't add Sun's (Oracle's) java.
>
>And what's wrong with Java? OpenJDK is good. There are
>plenty of scientific/research/academic apps written in
>Java and Java's taught to Uni students here.
>I am writing some for my research as well and I am using
>OpenJDK, particularly version 1.6*. Please add it.

Sun's Java -- nobody said OpenJDK, etc wouldn't be used.

>--
>Serguei Mokhov
>http://www.cs.concordia.ca/~mokhov
>http://marf.sf.net | http://sf.net/projects/marf

This email communication and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential and or proprietary information and is provided for the use of the intended recipient only.  Any review, retransmission or dissemination of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this email in error, please contact the sender and delete this communication and any copies immediately.  Thank you.
http://www.encana.com