SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 2010 10:15:38 -0500
Iwona Sakrejda wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was looking for the rrdtool rpm for SL5. I can find it for example
> listed in:
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/52/x86_64/updates/security/repodata/repoview/rrdtool-0-1.3.9-2.sl5.html
> but when I am trying to download from the location indicated on that
> page, I get
> a message that it was "not found on this server."
>
> And in general what is the best way to search for SL rpms within a given
> release,
> without diving into individual directories.
>
> Thanks a lot,
>
> Iwona Sakrejda

Hi,
Missed it by *that* much.
For the time being, going to repoview is still the best way to see the
most current packages in a release.  We are working on a better way, but
that's still six months out.
The problem was that you were looking at a stale repoview.
When we updated our machine that creates the yum repositories, we also
updated repoview.  The newer repoview put's everything one directory
lower, so for your particular case you should have been looking at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/52/x86_64/updates/security/repoview/

I did not clean up the old repoviews.  I am doing so right now, and have
already cleaned up the directory you were at.  I'm deleting the old
repoview directories, and putting a link the the new area's, so I don't
break anyone's bookmarks.

As for rrdtool, that was a package that we put into the release for a
short time, and it caused too many conflicts and problems with the
rrdtool in both EPEL and dag, so we took it back out.
So if you want it you can get it from either the dag repository or the
epel repository.

Sorry for all the confusion.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group