SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 May 2010 11:27:32 -0500
Hello,
I have updated the drbd packages so that they are using the Fedora style
of packaging.  I changed the packaging to be like Fedora's because it
looks like drbd might make it into RHEL 6 (or 6.1), and if it does make
it in, it will be packaged the Fedora way.

You should still be able to just do
   yum --enablerepo=sl-testing install drbd
and it should pull in all the appriate rpm's.

Here is a list of all the drbd packages.
drbd
drbd-bash-completion
drbd-heartbeat
drbd-pacemaker
drbd-udev
drbd-utils
drbd-xen

I have also added the kernel-module-drbd for the new 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5
kernel.

Please let me know what you think.  I'd like to put this into contrib so
that we might put it into SL 5.6.

Thanks
Troy

Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> We are looking at puting drbd into SL5.  I do not think our packaging is
> ready to go into SL 5.5, but I'd like to have it tested before putting
> it into contrib, and then we'll see whether we want to put it in SL 5.6.
>
> "DRBD is a block device which is designed to build high availability
> clusters. This is done by mirroring a whole block device via (a
> dedicated) network. You could see it as a network raid-1."
>
> It is already in atrpm's, and we are using atrpm's style of packaging at
> this time.
>
> To test
>
> SL5
> -------
>        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing install drbd
>
> or you can download rpm's by hand at
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/drbd/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/drbd/
>
> Thanks
> Troy Dawson
> --
> Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
> Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group