SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

May 2010

From:
"Eve V. E. Kovacs" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eve V. E. Kovacs
Date:
Sun, 2 May 2010 13:43:50 -0500
We have a wireless USB device that we have been trying to get working on
a linux box with a 32-bit SL5.3 OS.
The device is an ASUS WL-167g USB 2.0.
We have tried both the driver on the CD that came with the device, and a
more recent version available on the ASUS website. In each case, the
driver compiles and loads without errors (the kernel module is rt73),
but when we try to bring up the wireless adapter, the system complains
that the device cannot be found.

Has anyone tried this device and got it to work successfully on linux?
Can anyone recommend a wireless USB that DOES work easily out of the box
for SL5.3?

Thanks,
Eve

Eve Kovacs