SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

May 2010

From:
Valery Mitsyn <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valery Mitsyn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 May 2010 20:26:20 +0400
Hi,

probably this is not very useful for everybody, but
it works in this way.
1) install yum-metadata-parser from the CentOS:
rpm -Uvh \
http://ftp.chg.ru/pub/Linux/CentOS/4.8/os/i386/CentOS/RPMS/yum-metadata-parser-1.0-8.el4.centos.i386.rpm
2) move away two files:
mv /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/sqlitecache.py \
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/sqlitecache.py_
mv /usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/sqlitecache.pyc \
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/yum/sqlitecache.pyc_
3) now yum should works with repos:
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/5.0/generic/free/
http://mirrors.dotsrc.org/jpackage/5.0/generic/non-free/
yum clean all