SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

From:
Andy Mastbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andy Mastbaum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 09:36:10 -0400
Nathan,

SL may indeed be intended for stable workstations and servers, but it's
Linux all the same and no better or worse than any other distro for this.

Most games and other software using 3D acceleration and other such
fanciness don't work so well with the standard wine distribution (latest
from winehq.org), but give it a try. If that doesn't work, there are
some good non-free (but cheap) commercial/gaming versions of wine --
I've had success with one called Cedega (transgaming.com).

Good luck!

Andy