SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

From:
Tim Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tim Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 2010 16:36:21 +0200
On 27/04/10 16:16, Faye Gibbins wrote:
> Yes but we use the mdp devolved layer and I've asked if their repos are
> yum enabled and they say no.
>
> So unless my LM say's I can create a yum archive I'm not sure what else
> I can do.
>
> Faye

Can you get them to agree to at least temporarily let you use yum
against the official Scientificlinux repos on the web?

If not you're out of luck unfortunately. We used to have no access to
yum repositories from our DMZ machines and it was very painful getting
something installed with just rpm.

One tip though, assuming you have a machine with a working yum (your
desktop maybe?), is to do a 'yum whatprovides mkfontdir', where
mkfontdir is what it complains is missing. That way you can see exactly
which RPM is needed.

Tim