SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

From:
Aaron van Meerten <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aaron van Meerten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:26:01 -0500
The issue here is that even though RHEL is theoretically binary-compatible with SL, they claim that any issues with their software on an unsupported platform isn't something they can even talk to you about.  They also said that it's unlikely that this issue was happening on RHEL5.3, given that so many of their clients run it without any problems.  So, likely this IS an SL bug, but it's not one I can point my finger at a setting or tweak or configuration difference between RHEL5.3 and SL5.3 to explain it.

If anyone can find a setting to tweak or a library to upgrade/downgrade/replace, I would love to try any solutions people have.  I've run out of steam with my googling, and switching to RHEL5.3 isn't really an option.

-Aaron