SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 11:32:19 -0500
Hello,
RHEL 5.5 has been released, along with a slew of low to medium priority
security updates.
In the past the security updates that come out at this time have had odd
dependencies for the older SL5 releases.
In order to get items tested faster and/or better, we are putting all of
these updates into the testing repository, in one big folder.

NOTE1 - Openoffice 3.1.1 is also there.  It is not a security update,
and will not go into the security update area until it needs a security
update.  But having openoffice in the testing area, is an easy way for
people to install and use it if they want.

NOTE2 - We will not be putting the new kernel into security updates, and
so will not be testing it.  We will be waiting for the first security
update to this new kernel before testing on older SL5 releases.  This
also goes for kernel dependancies such as gfs-kmod and kvm.

Moderate security advisory
curl
openldap

Low security advisory
automake
pam_krb5
sendmail
squid

Enhansement package
openoffice

As packages get tested to our satisfaction, we plan on pushing them out
as errata next week, or the week after.  Except openoffice, we will not
be pushing that out until it has a security update.

To test

SL5
-------
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update automake\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update curl\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update openldap\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update compat-openldap\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update pam_krb5\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update sendmail\*
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update squid\*
or
        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update openoffice\*

or you can download rpm's by hand at

http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/sl55/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/sl55/

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group