SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

From:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Stodola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 2010 12:33:24 -0500
You might be able to get some info out of the contents in
/proc/fs/cifs/.  Does nautilus actually mount the filesystem somewhere,
or is it using smbclient and friends to make it appear as such?  CIFS is
actually quite different from SMB once you start digging into it.

Also, a newer samba might help.  I'd recommend checking out sernet-samba
(http://enterprisesamba.org/index.php?id=54).
It's a build of newer samba versions against various enterprise linux
distributions, including RHEL.  I had to upgrade a few of our servers so
they could properly authenticate to a Win 2008 server.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Mr. Mark V. Stodola