SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

April 2010

Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:52:29 -0700
This sounds like it should work:
"Steven J. Yellin" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>      I haven't used, or even installed, wine, but since it's in EPEL,
> you might start with
>
> yum --enablerepo=epel list "*wine*"
> yum --enablerepo=epel install wine
>

> Steven Yellin
Note- This will give you Wine 1.01 (stable, but old/less
compatible); to try to get a newer version, use
--enablerepo=epel-testing instead of --enablerepo=epel

Also, I presume you'd know to run these as root via su or sudo.

But you might prefer to start with a more current, desktop-oriented
distro, if you aren't sure how to get Wine or set up your wireless.
The kernel that RHEL, CentOS, & SL use is rather old, thus somewhat
short on wireless drivers (although it has backports).