SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

April 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 2010 08:46:44 -0500
Jon Peatfield wrote:
> I don't want to add to the workload but I just wondered if the 5.5 release
> was going to cause a significant delay to the firefox security update to
> 3.0.19 which happened to come out at about the same time.
>
> I wouldn't ask but I see that the sl4 version of this is already out.
>
> I know that the work required to rebuild/test all the updates which come
> with a new sl release can take quite some time, so we can always just
> rebuild from TUV firefox srpm (with or without any sl changes...)
>
>   -- Jon

It's been built, and *should* be out today, along with one or two of the
other security updates that came out.  They are going through a few
extra tests.
Don't expect the java update today though.  We had some problems with that.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group