SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 2010 10:39:59 -0500
Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Mar 2010, Clint Bowman wrote:
>
>> Hmmm.  I'm running SL 5.3 and passed the test on the first try without
>> updating libgcrypt.
>>
>> rpm -q libgcrypt
>> libgcrypt-1.2.4-1.el5.x86_64
>> libgcrypt-1.2.4-1.el5.i386
>>
>> Did I miss an update that broke openssl?  Or did I miss the openssl update?
>
> There are three sets of ssl/tls libraries, openssl nss/nspr and gnutls.
> This bug requries the gnutls updates.
>
> gnutls-1.4.1-3.el5_4.8.i386
> openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_4.6.i686
> nss-3.12.6-1.el5_4.i386
> nspr-4.8.4-1.el5_4.i386
>
> .. plus x86_64 equivs.
>
> -- Dr. Andrew C. Aitchison Computer Officer, DPMMS, Cambridge
> [log in to unmask] http://www.dpmms.cam.ac.uk/~werdna

Narrowing it down more.
Both the old and the new libgcrypt provide
libgcrypt.so.11(GCRYPT_1.2)
which is what this is failing on.  So both RPM and YUM are going to
install it.

There error we get when we run lftp is
"/usr/lib/libgnutls.so.13: symbol gcry_cipher_setkey, version GCRYPT_1.2
not defined in file libgcrypt.so.11 with link time reference"

And when we do a strings on /usr/libm/libgcrypt.so.11 for both the old
and the new libgcrypt, we see that the new libgcrypt has
gcry_cipher_setkey while the old one doesn't.

Anyway.  I will be pushing out the newer libgcrypt to SL 5.0, 5.1, 5.2,
and 5.3 today.

Thanks to everyone who helped investigate and solve this.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group