SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
Garrett Holmstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett Holmstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 22:38:24 -0500
On 3/25/2010 14:00, Urs Beyerle wrote:
> If you have less or equal 4 GB of RAM, I would go with i386 instead of
> x86_64. Because of browser plugins (flash, java) and javaws.

While I can't say anything about javaws, the 64-bit Flash plugin from
Adobe and the 64-bit OpenJDK from SL worked just fine for me.  If your
Firefox profile has gotten used to Sun's JDK then it's trained to look
in the wrong place for Java stuff, but it seems that new profiles don't
appear to suffer from this problem.  YMMV.

--
Garrett Holmstrom
University of Minnesota School of Physics and Astronomy