SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
"Brent L. Bates" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brent L. Bates
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 2010 15:36:20 -0400
     Thanks for all the suggestions.  Anaconda still did some rearranging, but
I eventually figured out what I needed to do to get what I wanted.  I had to
use `Edit' to set the starting and ending cylinders as well as use the
"Primary Partition" check box.  I had to use `Edit' for all the partitions.  I
tried `Add' for the last partition and let it go to the end of the drive
automatically, but it stopped short of the end, so I had to use `Edit' in
order to use the full drive space.  I assembled all my partitions into their
respective software RAID's, set file system type, mount points, and clicked
`Next'.

     New problem, it now says XFS is not valid for a boot partition.  Hogwash!
 All my systems use XFS for boot partitions.  I've got systems running SL
3.0.5, SL 4.5, and one running SL 5.3 all with ONLY XFS files systems
including /boot.  Any ideas on getting past this new hurdle?  Thanks.

     Oh, in order to get XFS listed as a valid file system, I had to add `xfs'
to the `linux' line when I started up the install.

--

  Brent L. Bates (UNIX Sys. Admin.)
  M.S. 912				Phone:(757) 865-1400, x204