SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
Martin Bly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 23:25:54 +0000

For me, it's not about getting RH support for the OS, it's about being able to ask for and get support from Oracle when the Oracle products act up.  So whatever gives me the ability to scream at Oracle when our Databases go down behind the data transfer systems is what I need - they would just ignore us if weren't running something they approve of, like RHEL or Unbreakable Linux.

Admittedly I don't pay much for RHEL licences but I do pay lots for Oracle.  A few extra <insert currency of your choice> for a RHEL licence is insignificant compared to that!

Martin.

--

Martin Bly

RAL Tier1 Fabric Manager