SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
"Howard, Chris" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Howard, Chris
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 16:40:34 -0600
I'm running Oracle App Server on my SL boxes.
I started out with RedHat, then decided I didn't really
get anything out of RetHat support so go with SL.

Now I'm thinking for a couple hundred bucks a year
I will go with the minimal support level of
Oracle Unbreakable Linux.  That way I can turn
on the regular updates and just let them automatically apply.

I'd like to know if you guys see any flaws to this
plan, and if you think I am looking at a
complete reinstall or what.

Thanks for your help over the years with SL.

Chris Howard