SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Mar 2010 14:57:57 -0600
Wayne Betts wrote:
> Something funny seems to be going on with fuse and the packages in the
> repositories for SL 5.3.
>
> The fuse package in the base repo (at least on the mirror I use) is
> version 5:2.6.3-1.SL.  (That "5:" is an epoch number, right?)  In any
> case, yum won't update to the package in the sl-security repo, which is
> version 2.7.4-8.el5.
>
> Also, there are no kernel-module-fuse-2.6.18-164* packages in the
> sl-security repository, which seems like an omission.
>
> Can someone either help me understand what's going on, or fix the
> sl-security repository with a "later" version of fuse and kernel modules
> for the various kernel errata levels above 2.16.18-128-*?
>

> -Wayne Betts
> STAR Computing Support at BNL

First off, the kernel module.
That is now in the kernel so there is no need for kernel-module rpm's.

As for the epoch number on our version of fuse.  That was introduced by
Paul Rombouts back in 2006.  I am not sure why, but since this same rpm
was also used for fedora, and it mentions livna, I am suspecting that
some other repository (livna, EPEL, dag, I don't know) already had an
epoch in it.

Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group