SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

March 2010

From:
Wayne Betts <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Wayne Betts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:59:26 -0400
Peter Elmer wrote:
>   I'm pretty certain that Atlas isn't using the OS-install of the "preview"
> build, but rather a build of the compiler in their own software area, but
> you should check with someone from Atlas in case I am missing something.
> They were part of the discussions that chose to use the stock GNU gcc43 over
> the RHEL5 "preview" gcc43. (I'm 100% certain that CMS isn't using it, but
> that doesn't help you... ;-)

Brett,

I don't know anything about the ATLAS nodes, but I'm pretty sure that
STAR's RACF nodes use the SL-built packages of TUV's preview release of
gcc-4.3, not a locally built version.

If you have an account on the farm and can get on an ATLAS interactive
node, it should be easy enough to check: "rpm -qi gcc43" should reveal
the answer, right?

-Wayne Betts
STAR Computing Support at BNL