SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2010

From:
Chris Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Feb 2010 00:39:08 -0500
The below statement makes it seem that your are trying to burn the ISO
"image" file (which contains a file system) within another filesystem
(ISO9660 etc).  That is not correct.  Your burner software should have a
function to burn a raw image file to the DVD without using any file
system.  If you mount the DVD in a Windows or Linux machine and see a
single file, the ISO file, in a file browser, then it has been burned
incorrectly.

--Chris

Assuming it's pilot error on my part, what DVD file system disk format
*should* I be selecting when using Roxio MyDVD to burn this ISO file
onto the DVD+R disk? (ISO9660, Joliet/ISO9660, or UDF ?) I selected the
default in the MyDVD application, but wonder if I should have chosen UDF
instead ?