SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2010

Date:
Wed, 17 Feb 2010 01:14:01 +0000
William Lutter wrote:

<snip>

> I see http://www.linux.com/archive/feed/54610 Since, cat /sys/power/state
> yields 'standby mem disk' and in my config file, 'CONFIG_ACPI_SLEEP' is set
> to yes 'y'.   So I tried the script on the link 'suspend.sh'. which powered
> off OK but could not find a key to resume laptop operation.  Email from
> 2004 indicates a problem with firmware or something with N620c (reporting
> same problem).

according to above link, 'f11' is key to use to recover from 'suspend'.

i do not use 'suspend' or 'hibernate'.

i use 'level 3' booting without graphics mess so that i can watch what
happens during boot.

i am aware that system does a check of swap partition to see if system was
in 'hibernate' mode. therefore i presume that just by turning power on and
allowing system to boot, it will reboot to state of when 'hibernate' was
initiated.

to me, 'hibernate' is way to go as it will give maximum of power saving.

> Back to my initial question.  What is the easiest or recommended way to
> implement suspend and/or hibernate on an older laptop such as COMPAQ EVO
> N620c?

age or system should not matter.

i am human, therefore i could be wrong. ;)

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.