SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2010

From:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Feb 2010 04:34:39 -0600
Upon trying to play a DVD in the totem movie player, I get the following
error message:

Totem cannot play this type of media (DVD) because
you do not have the appropriate plugins to handle it.

Please install the necessary plugins and restart Totem
to be able to play this media.

Now, I have tried installing the packages called xine and libdvdnav, but
they appear not to exist when attempting to do a yum install. Does anybod
know where I can get these mysterious plugins?