SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

February 2010

From:
Ewan Mac Mahon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:07:09 +0000
On Mon, Feb 08, 2010 at 11:49:15AM -0600, Troy Dawson wrote:
> Looks like we didn't get enough testing done, and maybe rrdtool doesn't
> really need to be in the plain SL release.

Like Steve, I think that's probably the best approach. If there is a
concrete reason for including directly it in SL though, it might suffice
to use a 1.2 version that's compatible with the EPEL release.

> p.s. Just so you know, we didn't test it with every EPEL package.  When
> I said that "these packages are compatible with both epel and dag" I was
> meaning the rrdtool package.  It was packaged in the EPEL fashion and
> naming convention, with provides statements so that it worked and
> updated corrected with the dag repository.

I think that's a perfectly reasonable approach; all I meant by referring
to that was that this problem interoperating with EPEL was most likely
something that simply hadn't been spotted, and not something you didn't
care about.

Ewan