SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2010

From:
Yannick Perret <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Yannick Perret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2010 18:40:15 +0100
Hello,

I upgraded some test boxes to the latest SL5x repository in x86_64.
We install both 32 and 64bit packages, and I get a problem with
pam-0.99.6.2-6.el5.x86_64:
after installing this package, the corresponding 32b package
(pam-0.99.6.2-6.el5.i386) failed to install, complaining about conflicts
on manpages files.
I replaced this package by the same one from our RHEL5x repository in
order to test (as some RHEL5x boxes do have both without problems) using
a --force, and then I was able to install the 32bit pam package without
any error/warning.
The same problem occurs during upgrade of 3 boxes. When I replaced the
pam.x86_64 package on our local repository, the same upgrade script
works fine on other boxes (which are identical to the previous ones).

You may check this particular package to check for some packaging problem.
I don't see any other similar problem with other packages.

Regards,
--
Yannick Perret
CC-IN2P3