SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2010

From:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Stallard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:03:21 -0600
Well, I managed to find some Sony CD's and they apparently have burned
properly. (Does the mediacheck feature sometimes fail?) Upon booting from

the first CD, the installation continues up to part where it asks you whe
re
the files are that you will be installing. (CD-ROM, hard drive, etc.) The
n,
when I check CD-ROM, the installation ejects my CD and prints a message t
hat
I need to install the Scientific Linux disk. Thinking I had to put in the

next CD, I did that and I got the same message. I tried all eight CD's an
got the same result. Has anybody else had this problem?