SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2010

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:15:50 -0600
Hello,
We have updated the server that pushes out the security errata and
builds the repoview area's.
Along with the server update, we have updated createrepo and repoview.

createrepo is now being run with the -d option which "generates sqlite
databases for use with yum."
I know that several people had asked for this.

We have also updated repoview to version 0.6.4.  This has a different
template.  It also puts the corresponding repoview web areas in a
different place.  Instead of putting the web pages in <area>/repodata
they are now in <area>/repoview
For instance
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5x/i386/updates/security/repoview/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/4x/i386/errata/SL/RPMS/repoview/
http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/309/i386/errata/SL/RPMS/repoview/

I haven't remove the old repoview area's, that are in the repodata
directory, but I plan on doing that in a couple weeks.  Probably just
replacing their main index.html web page with a redirecting web page.

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group