SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2010

From:
Jim Green <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Green <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:52:57 +0000
Hi all

Thanks very much for the replies, especially Tim who pointed us
to the rpms at the amanda website.  It turns out the their prebuilt
binaries also lack xfs support, but that the source rpms for the
stable release do build (sort of) cleanly.

We've now installed, configured and tested the rpms, backing up and
restoring a 30GB file of /dev/urandom output in double-quick time,
excellent!

There are a couple of wrinkles involved in the rpm build, I've attached
a script which created the ones that we use in case others come across
the same problem.

Thanks again all.

Jim
--