SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

January 2010

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 2010 10:12:57 -0600
Bug, I think
On sl 4.6 and before, yum wasn't listed as a service in
chkconfig, now it is.  Got to chkconfig it on manually.
Have seen this happen on several machines.

Steve

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010, P. Larry Nelson wrote:

> Hi, this is probably a Troy or Connie question, but I've noticed
> that after upgrading systems installed with SL4.6 to SL4.8,
> following the HowTo instructions on the SL web page, that yum
> is turned off.
>
> [root@cx07 ~]# chkconfig --list yum
> yum             0:off   1:off   2:off   3:off   4:off   5:off   6:off
>

> Bug or feature?
>
> Thanks!
> - Larry

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.