SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2009

From:
Keith Lofstrom <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:03:44 -0800
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:20:57AM -0300, feddds wrote:
> One issue remaining is to make SL run on my asus eeepc. Anyone tried?
> Would SL boot from usb-drive on  this type of machine?

Don't know about the USB drive.  I run SL5 on a eeePC "Box", the
desktop/screenback version of the device.  I recall jumping through
some hoops getting the intel video driver working with a 1400x1050
screen.  I also opened the box (voiding the warranty) to add RAM
and a larger hard drive.  Other than that, no problems.  I attached
two "boxes" on the back of my wife's LCD monitor at work, with a
DVI video switch.

One box runs WinXP and is disconnected from everything except the
peripherals and a USB backup drive.  Used for medical dictation
with Dragon Naturally Speaking.  The other box runs SL5 and connects
to the world, the VPN, etc.

Keith

--
Keith Lofstrom          [log in to unmask]         Voice (503)-520-1993