SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:00:01 -0600
feddds wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am very glad using SL. Our business is to program apps for our
> customers on opensource platforms. Most of programmer have CentOS on
> their desktops. But in my case, I am a marketing person and I find
> CentOS a little bit hard for me.
>
> One issue remaining is to make SL run on my asus eeepc. Anyone tried?
> Would SL boot from usb-drive on  this type of machine?
>
> See you around.
> Feddds.

Hello,
I have worked with a fellow getting SL on an Asus eeepc.
I can't remember which model it was, but it had the 10 inch screen.
The wired network didn't work until SL 5.4.  At that point, both the
wired and the wireless started working, and everything need to run the
machine for his purposes.
I don't know about the webcam.
I don't know about power management.  (Shuttting the lid and having it
go to sleep)
I *think* the sound worked.
For his purposes, he didn't need any of those, so I really don't know.
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group