SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

December 2009

Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 2009 20:40:34 +0000
feddds wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am very glad using SL.

i am enjoying it, myself.

> Our business is to program apps for our customers on opensource platforms.
> Most of programmer have CentOS on their desktops. But in my case, I am a
> marketing person and I find CentOS a little bit hard for me.

if you are already using scientific linux and you do not like centos, then
by all means, stay with scientific linux. one less distribution that you
will have to learn and keep up with.

> One issue remaining is to make SL run on my asus eeepc. Anyone tried?

can not say that i have, but if i had an eeepc, first thing i would do is
install scientific linux on it.

from what i have read on fedora tsl, there are a lot of fedora users running
fedora on eeepc's and several are using usb hard drives for booting.

unless scientific linux does not have drivers for some special hardware, like
solid state drive, which it should, as i can not see red hat not having the
ability, i see no reason why there would be any difference.

> Would SL boot from usb-drive on  this type of machine?

if bios allows booting from a usb hard drive, then any flavor of linux
should be able to if it has usb ability.

give it a try, who knows, you may start a new trend. :)

later.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.