SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

December 2009

From:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steven Timm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:24:20 -0600
There appears to have been a transient dns glitch at Fermilab
around 7AM our time this morning, although I've seen no official
announcement of the same.  the servers below are reachable again now.

Steve timm

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Dr Andrew C Aitchison wrote:

> If you can read this, the problems have probably been fixed,
> but I'm having DNS problems contacting scientificlinux.org
>
> # host ftp.scientificlinux.org
> Host ftp.scientificlinux.org not found: 2(SERVFAIL)
>
> # host linux21.fnal.gov.
>
> (I can still get response from home. Either the cached entries
> haven't timed out yet or the dnssec on the work DNS isn't helping.)

Steven C. Timm, Ph.D  (630) 840-8525
[log in to unmask]  http://home.fnal.gov/~timm/
Grid Facilities Department, FermiGrid Services Group, Assistant Group Leader.