SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Aditya Gadre <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Aditya Gadre <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Nov 2009 12:59:00 -0600
Hi,

I am using SL 5.4 (2.6.18-164.6.1.el5, x86_64, no i386 at all) and have a

problem with using minicom as a standard user. I would appreciate any hel
p!

I have a user named "usv" which is in two groups - usv and uucp. I instal
led
minicom and when I first tried running it, minicom asked me to create a
default file in /etc by running "minicom -s" as root. I did that and coul
run minicom without any problems as root. However, when I run "minicom -s
"
as user usv, and try to change serial port settings, I am not allowed to
change the serial port setting. I get a message "You are not allowed to
change this parameter". I am allowed to change only options E, F and G
(baud, parity, number of bits and flow control). I tried searching on
internet about this, but could not get any answer. I was wondering if I a
missing any group/permissions etc and would really appreciate any help!

Thanks.