SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Al Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 12:34:27 -0600
All,
Thanks for the info.
Meanwhile, I re-downloaded from another SL ftp2 site* via a different PC
(Win2003 Server) using Nero and see the same issue.  Sorry, I think I'm d
one
wasting DVDs...
md5sum and sha1sum? -I think I've done well enough.  Note: I've downloade
to test over 21 different major distro's and never had this issue.  I rea
lly
suspect your download site.  Maybe I'll wait for the next SL version (?)
Thanks anyway.
Al

P.S.:  Okay, a 'last call' diagnostics for you guys...  I just found
installing KDE (only)- unchecking Gnome -actually installs w/out a hitch.

What are the odds?  Is it too simple to suspect that something may be wro
ng
w/ the compiled Gnome files, or that your 'autoblocker' is also interrupt
ing
the download of some of these?
Installing with either only Gnome or combined Gnome and KDE checked alway
fails regardless the DVD.  I even tried alternating DVDs in the midst of
the
failures to see if potential 'bad' areas of DVDs could be evaded 'on the
fly', but they all seemed equally flawed.