SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:40:53 -0600
Tim Edwards wrote:
> Al Neumann wrote:
>> Hello!
>> We're not able to get through the install.  Here's what we've done so far
>> :
>> Attempting installs of the new 5.4 release from 3 different newly 'burnt'
>>
>> (disk 1*) DVDs over two separate downloads (to be certain the file wasn't
>>
>> corrupted in transfer)
>
> This is not certain at all, I had the same problem yesterday downloading
> from one of the mirrors on at least 2 separate downloads. You need to
> verify the ISO files with md5sum (or sha1sum).
>
> Tim

ftp2.scientificlinux.org has not been handling the load very well.
We're still working on it.
If this is where you were downloading from when you were getting bad
downloads from, please let me know.  (You can do it privately so we
don't spam the list if you want.)

ftp.scientificlinux.org and ftp1.scientificlinux.org have both been
handling their loads very well.  Please use them instead of
ftp2.scientificlinux.org

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group