SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Al Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Al Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 2009 04:20:29 -0600
Hello!
We're not able to get through the install.  Here's what we've done so far
:
Attempting installs of the new 5.4 release from 3 different newly 'burnt'

(disk 1*) DVDs over two separate downloads (to be certain the file wasn't

corrupted in transfer) yields the same error, "The file [any/all files]
cannot be opened.  This is due to a missing file, a corrupt package or
corrupt media.  Please verify your installation source."
We have also confirmed hard drive is okay (i.e.; successfully installed
another distro, then wiped the drive again.)  The last time I saw install
 go
okay was v 4.5
Please advise.
* Separately to confirm, does the install later prompt for disk 2? -Not s
ure
why these were split as I believe they should fit on one 4.7Gb DVD.
Thanks.
Al  [log in to unmask]