SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 2009 08:46:10 -0600
Hello,
OK, It has been a while so I forgot.
The current yum plugin can handle openafs being updated with all it's
kernel modules.  It can handle the kernel being updated with older
kernels and kernel modules being removed automatically.
But it cannot handle openafs and the kernel being updated at the same
time with both kernel modules being updated and removed at the same time.

So, the openafs update it going to happen in a couple of weeks.  This
will give people time to update to the new kernel, and possibly give me
some time to attempt to fix the plugin one more time.

Troy

Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Hello,
> In Scientific Linux 5.4 we have updated openafs to version 1.4.11.  In
> keeping with our OpenAFS strategy, we are going to push this update out
> with the first kernel released after the distribution release.
>
> We plan on pushing this openafs update out when we push out the kernel
> update.  That is currently planned for Monday, November 9, 2009 at the
> latest, possibly sooner.
>
> To test or update
>
> SL5
> -------
>
>        yum --enablerepo=sl-testing update "*openafs*"
>
> or you can download rpm's by hand at
>
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/i386/openafs/
> http://ftp.scientificlinux.org/linux/scientific/5rolling/testing/x86_64/openafs/
>
> Thanks
> Troy Dawson
> --
> Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
> Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI DSS Group

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group