SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Lou Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lou Arnold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:02:31 -0500
First, this is all done at home, and not in a production environment.
I used Fedora for a server, primarily to provide Samba shares. I noted
the speed change when I was running Clonezilla to take hard drive
images from another computer. The cloning software gives a active
speed in 100's of MB per min. For Fedora it was about 650, while for
CentOS it seems to be about 375. I did no other tests and this will
always be one of two Linux systems on a LAN of 5 computers. One day I
will get time to actually develop software on that system. Sorry to
have omitted these facts at the outset. I see many of you are far more
sophisticated in your environments.

--
Lou.