SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

November 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:23:48 -0600
Hi,
This is the right mailling list.  It should be up there soon.
Sometimes when things go into extended testing, instead of the normal
errata, the debuginfo and the src.rpm's occasionally don't make it all
the way to their correct spots.  Just let us know, and we'll get them up
there.
Thanks for letting us know.
Troy

Aaron van Meerten wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Does anyone know when the kernel debuginfo package for the latest x86_64
> kernel will be released?  I want to analyze a crashdump and I need these
> symbols in order to facilitate this.  They don't seem to be available in
> the main debuginfo yum repository.  The latest available currently for
> x86_64 is 2.6.18-128.2.1.el5
>
> Any ideas or suggestions on how to work around this would be
> appreciated.  Also if this is the inappropriate forum for this question,
> any direction would also be welcomed.
>
> Cheers,
>
> -Aaron van Meerten
> USATLAS Midwest Tier2

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group