SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Nov 2009 08:49:51 -0600
Urs Beyerle wrote:

> Troy Dawson wrote:
>> Hi Urs,
>> I've tried them all, and they all worked for meexcept for the x86_64
>> Live CD.  The x86_64 DVD worked, but not the x86_64 CD.
>>
>> Well, it worked, but when I tried to bring up gparted it kept giving
>> me memory errors.
>

> I guess that's an error I have seen already before. I don't really know
> what is the reason for that error...? See
> http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/trouble.html:
>
> "Gparted crashes or is not running: Sometimes gparted crashes with the
> error *** glibc detected *** gparted: double free or corruption. This
> seems to be a problem with parted which tries to scan cdrom filesystem.
> Just try to start gparted once again."
>
> Is this the error you have seen?

Yep, that's the error I saw.
If it's already known, then I won't dwell on it.  I mainly use the 32
bit live CD, so this won't affect me.  But I wanted to let you know.

> I've somebody else can test the 64bit LiveCD and gparted, it would be
> nice. Or even better, has somebody any idea what really causes this error?
>
> Cheers,
>
>     Urs

Thanks for all your work on the live cd/dvd, I appreciate it, and I'm
certain many others couldn't live without it.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LSCS/CSI/USS Group