SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-DEVEL Archives

November 2009

From:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Urs Beyerle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 2009 23:53:21 +0100
Troy Dawson wrote:
> Hi Urs,
> I've tried them all, and they all worked for meexcept for the x86_64
> Live CD.  The x86_64 DVD worked, but not the x86_64 CD.
>
> Well, it worked, but when I tried to bring up gparted it kept giving
> me memory errors.

I guess that's an error I have seen already before. I don't really know
what is the reason for that error...? See
http://www.livecd.ethz.ch/trouble.html:

"Gparted crashes or is not running: Sometimes gparted crashes with the
error *** glibc detected *** gparted: double free or corruption. This
seems to be a problem with parted which tries to scan cdrom filesystem.
Just try to start gparted once again."

Is this the error you have seen?

I've somebody else can test the 64bit LiveCD and gparted, it would be
nice. Or even better, has somebody any idea what really causes this error?

Cheers,

    Urs