SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 2009 09:23:49 -0500
Hello,
I'd like to thank everyone who has presented a logo or given their
opinion about what logo is best, or what makes a good logo.

I am going to officially say that we cannot accept any more logo's, even
if they are good.  At some point we have to actually pick the logo, and
that gets hard when new logo's keep coming in.

As we said on the original rules, the judging will not be by the general
Scientific Linux community, but by "main developers and labs who have
a vested interest in Scientific Linux."

That being said, we are interested in everyone's opinion's, and I don't
see anything wrong with sending those opinions to the mailling list.

**Schedule:
*October 21 (evening) - Narrow down logo's based on scalability and the
ability to be recognized across a large room (such as a conference)

*October 23 (evening) - Narrow down logo's based on scientific theme

*October 29 - around Noon California time - Announce the winner at Hepix
during the "Scientific Linux Status Report and Plenary Discussion"

**Links:
http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/graphics/logo.contest/index_html
http://indico.cern.ch/conferenceTimeTable.py?confId=61917

Thanks
Troy Dawson
Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group