SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

From:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Troy Dawson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:28:05 -0500
Hello,
We have had a flurry of last minute submissions, and one promise of
another submission if we wait through the weekend.

I have updated the entry page

http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/graphics/logo.contest/

And we have extended the closing date until Monday, October 5, 2009

I have to say, I am impressed with the last minute submissions.

Thanks
Troy

Troy J Dawson wrote:
> Today is the last day for the new Logo Contest.
> To be honest, we were a little underwhelmed with how few entries we had.
> I have put the entries up on a web page.
>
> http://www.scientificlinux.org/documentation/graphics/logo.contest/
>
> Please excuse the poor renderings. These entries were submitted in SVG
> format, and in my rush to get them up here, I did a pretty poor job of
> rendering them in png format.
> Look at the entries in their SVG format if you want to see what they
> really look like.
>
> Also, if anyone has any more entries, please let me know.
>
> Thanks
> Troy
> p.s. I am leaning towards entry 4.  I put it as my background and got a
> "That's Cool!" from some kids that just happened to see it.
>
> Troy J Dawson wrote:
>> The time line for the Scientific Linux Logo Contest has been extended.
>>
>> The new deadline for the contest is September 30, 2009, or when RedHat
>> releases the first RHEL 6 public beta.  The winner will then be
>> announced two weeks later.
>>
>> All the other rules are the same.
>>
>> Rules:
>> - License: The logo musted be licensed GPL v2 or the applicable Creative
>> Common's License.
>> - Format: The logo must be in SVG format.
>> - Theme: 6
>> - Theme: It must be something scientific..
>> - Overall: It should be a logo and not a picture.  You should be able to
>> see the logo from across a room and know that it is the Scientific Linux
>> logo.
>> - Judging: Judging will be done by the main developers and labs who have
>> a vested interest in Scientific Linux.
>>
>> Preferences:
>> (These are just preferences.  Ideas to get you started.)
>> - Color Scheme: somewhat the same at the previous logo's
>> - Design: a Carbon, bohr-style atom, with 6 electrons and 6 protons.
>> - Overall: an updated version of what we currently have
>>
>> Submitting:
>> - Anyone can submit an entry
>> - There is no limit on the number of entries you can submit, but please
>> try to be reasonable.
>> - Submit your entries by sending them to [log in to unmask]
>> - You can send either the logo, or a link to the logo
>> - You do not have to be subscribed to the mail list to send in a logo entry.
>> - To view entries, go to the mail list archives at
>> http://listserv.fnal.gov/archives/scientific-linux-logo.html

Troy Dawson  [log in to unmask]  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/LCSI/CSI LMSS Group