SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

From:
Jeffrey D Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeffrey D Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:36:38 -0700
On Wednesday 14 October 2009 1:03:03 am Winnie Lacesso wrote:
> Is there going to be an official web page for voting, or is email to
> the SL-user's list = one's vote?
>
> FWIW, my vote is #12, 4, 5 or 11 (in that order)
> Don't like #1, 9, or either 13.

12 is interesting, but I think the fact that it is an invalid Feynman diagram
would prove embarrassing.  If the left diagram were corrected and the
rightmost "diagram" totally deleted it could work.  Since CERN is the largest
installation of SL in the world, one could probably choose a more timely and
more interesting diagram, though.

I would vote for 10.  It continues the historical atomic motif, it is clean,
it could be made into an icon, and it is scientifically correct.  It could
probably be spiffed up with some gradients or shadowing or something.

9 looks like Tux has fleas.  The other atomic entries are too busy, and 1
looks like a corporate logo from the 80s.

Jeffrey Anderson    			| [log in to unmask]
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory	|
Office: 50A-5104E			| Mailstop 50A-5101
Phone: 510 486-4208			| Fax: 510 486-4204