SCIENTIFIC-LINUX-USERS Archives

October 2009

Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:39:24 -0500
You need to be clear about what you mean by backup.  If you are keeping a mirror of your data, rsync is fine.  But sometimes you want a version of a file from 3 months ago.  rsync is not going to do that for you.  The appropriate terms are redundancy and archival and the question you need to ask yourself is which is it you want. Maybe both?

Good luck